Gboard is one of the best keyboards for Android. Why do we say it? Well, because Google doesn’t neglect this app and always includes great news in it. However, the big G also knows how to revive the oldest functions of your keyboard. And that’s what Google recently did by bringing Blobmojis back to Gboard .
Don’t you know these emojis or how to activate them? Well then stay, because here you are going to see what Gboard Blobmojis are and how they are used .
The “blobs”, the classic Android emojis
As we mentioned above, this emoji pack was one of the oldest on Android. Blobmojis were used between 2013 and 2017 . Google removed “blobs” in Android Oreo and completely changed the design of Gboard emojis.
Blobmojis had a lot of variety , so they were perfect to accompany the text of messages in chats. That’s why the disappearance of “the blobs” caused such a disappointment in the Android community.
Google revived Blobmojis in 2018, but they came in a sticker pack and not as emojis. This did not convince users, as they wanted the “blobs” to return to Gboard as they were before . The good news is that Google finally listened to these requests and Blobmojis are available again!
How to use Blobmojis on Gboard
First of all, remember that this function has just arrived in the Google keyboard. So download the latest version of Gboard first before trying to use blobs . If you don’t know how to do it, enter this article and discover how to update your apps manually on Google Play.
Follow the steps below to use Blobmojis on Gboard :
- Open a messaging app (it can be WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Google Messages or any other).
- Enter a chat and play the keyboard .
- Click on the emoji icon . This is located next to the space bar.
- Now select the magic wand emoji .
- Then tap another emoji .
- At that point, you will see the “blobs” at the top of the keyboard. Tap the Blobmoji you like to include it in your message text.
- And ready! We invite you to combine the magic wand with various emojis to discover the new “blobs” of Gboard.
And you, what do you think of this novelty of the Google keyboard? Do you like Blobmojis?