What is the most purchased smartphone in our country? The answer to this question may surprise you. Why do we say it? Well, because the mobile that has the best sales in Spain is the Samsung Galaxy A12 . That’s right, this achievement is not taken by the iPhone 13, the Xiaomi Mi 11, the S21 Ultra and the popular Poco F3.
But, what is the reason that a low-end mobile like the Galaxy A12 managed to do this? Stay on the web and discover all the details of this topic .
- The Galaxy A12 is the smartphone that Spaniards buy the most
- The brands that are beginning to grow in Spain
The Galaxy A12 is the smartphone that Spaniards buy the most
Canalys reported this on their blog . This company has been studying the mobile market in Spain for a long time. Specifically, Canalys experts did the following :
- They published a list of the most purchased mobiles in Spain in the third quarter of the year. As we mentioned above, the top is led by the Samsung Galaxy A12. And everything indicates that the smartphone is also going to take first place in the total sales ranking in 2021.
- From this, the company learned how much Spaniards spend to buy a mobile .
- And finally, the experts discovered what are the characteristics that the smartphones that achieved the most sales between July and September 2021 have in common.
Next you will see in detail the data that Canalys revealed about the mobile sector in our country .
Xiaomi and Samsung dominate the ranking of the best-selling mobiles in Spain
The smartphones that had the best demand in the country in the third quarter of 2021 were the following:
- Samsung Galaxy A12: this economic mobile achieved about 250 thousand orders . The Galaxy A12 stands out for its 48 MP main camera and the various GB versions of internal storage that it offers.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro: It is the king of Xiaomi’s budget mid-range. The Redmi Note 10 Pro surprises with its Snapdragon 732G and its AMOLED screen (an unusual type of panel in this price range until the Redmi Note 10 were launched). All this led to the mobile getting 139 thousand sales .
- Redmi 9A: 137 thousand units of this smartphone were sold . And it is not for less, because the Redmi 9A has everything that people who are short of budget are looking for.
- Redmi Note 10S: it is the most balanced smartphone in its series. Except for the 108 MP main camera and the Snapdragon 732G, the Redmi Note 10S has everything that stands out in the Redmi Note 10 Pro. Thanks to this, the Note 10S reached around 107 thousand sales .
- OPPO A53S: the strengths of this smartphone are its 5000 mAh battery with 18 W fast charging and its Snapdragon 460 processor (a SoC that is not very powerful, but carries out basic tasks without problems). The brand achieved with the OPPO A53S about 105 thousand shipments .
Now, why are these mobiles selling so well? The following 2 sections will explain it to you .
The specifications that are most relevant when a Spaniard buys a mobile
In summary, they are as follows :
- A good battery: in Spain they tend to look for mobiles with an autonomy that lasts more than 24 hours. Therefore, the 5 best-selling smartphones have the 5000 mAh battery as a common point .
- Being able to use two SIM cards in the mobile : this is a feature shared by the Galaxy A12, the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Note 10S, the Redmi 9A and the OPPO A53S.
- Mobile phones with large screens : 4 of the 5 most popular mobile phones in Spain offer you panels of more than 6.5 inches in size.
- Having a fingerprint sensor : this is an extra that has become a key point when buying a smartphone. Although the Redmi 9A does not mount a fingerprint sensor, it is a feature that the Galaxy A12, the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Note 10S and the OPPO A53S do offer.
In turn, all this shows that there are 2 characteristics that are not very important for the majority of the Spanish market:
- 5G connectivity .
- Have Android updated to the latest version.
Mobile phones in this price range are better sold in Spain
The smartphones that are bought the most are those that have a price that is between € 80 and € 450 . These mobiles take 56% of total sales in Spain.
Therefore, in the country there are from tight budgets to purchases where people spend almost € 500 on a mobile. That is why the entry range, the low-mid range and the mid-range with some premium specifications are key in the Spanish market.
This also causes cheap and good value phones from Redmi, Samsung and OPPO to have many sales in Spain . All these mobiles comply with the basics and do not have a very high cost.
Although another data from Canalys can also be highlighted. And it is that around 19% of Spaniards buy mobiles with a price above € 750 . That is, almost 2 out of 10 people buy the flagships of the main brands (such as the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, the most premium Xiaomi, Samsung’s S21 series and, of course, the iPhone 13).
There is a notable dominance of Apple in the higher price range . Specifically, iPhones take 69% of the sales of expensive high-end mobiles.
The brands that are beginning to grow in Spain
Canalys also showed in another article the companies that are gradually improving their sales . These brands are:
- Realme: the company has become one of the main competences that Xiaomi has in Spain. Realme already sells almost 1.6% of the mobiles that are bought in the country . The brand achieved this thanks to the fact that it launched great phones at reasonable prices, such as the Realme Narzo 30 and the Realme GT.
- OPPO: this brand is a safe bet for those who want an Android mobile of more than € 750 that is worth it. Sales of OPPO’s expensive phones increased 286% in the third quarter of 2021. It is logical that the company achieved this achievement by launching quality smartphones like the OPPO Find X3 Pro (one of the best mobile phones for students).
- Vivo: between July and September, Vivo was bought about 70 thousand mobile phones . Therefore, the company has what it takes to gain a foothold in Spain with flagships at the level of the Vivo X60 Pro + or with mobiles that have balanced specifications at a good price (such as the Vivo S10 and S10 Pro).
- TCL: the company took 3% of total mobile sales in the country . To do this, TCL offered its smartphones at an affordable price by partnering with carriers and, in turn, selling a lot online.
Without a doubt, there is more competition than ever to dominate the mobile market in Spain . Brands must put all the meat on the grill if they want to continue growing and achieving good sales.
This also benefits you , since now you can find a lot of options and brands of smartphones in all ranges.
And you, what do you think of this topic? Tell us in the comments.