Did you know that you can measure your heart rate from your Google Pixel mobile? If your answer to this question was “no”, it is time for you to discover how to use this function from the Google Fit app .
How to measure your breathing rate from a Google Pixel?
Before we show you step by step how to measure your breathing rate from your Google Pixel mobile , it is important to mention that you must meet certain requirements to be able to use this function offered by the Google Fit app:
- You must have the latest version of Google Fit installed on your Google Pixel. You can check this by manually updating the application from the Google Play Store.
- You must have a Google Pixel mobile that is compatible with this function , that is, one of those listed below: Pixel 3 / XL, Pixel 3a / XL, Pixel 4 / XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G or Pixel 5.
- Your Google Pixel mobile must be updated to the latest version of Android . If you have not yet downloaded the latest version of the phone’s firmware, click here and find out how to do it from the Google Play Store.
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, you can measure your breathing rate as follows:
- Open the Google Fit application and click on the button that says “Home” (Home).
- Within the main Google Fit screen, you must scroll through the menu until you find the option that says “Breathing rate.” Once you find it, click on the “+” symbol.
- Take a good look at the instructions displayed on the screen, as you must follow them exactly so that Google Fit can measure your breathing rate.
- Therefore, you must click on the blue button that says “Start measurement”.
- The front camera of your mobile will be activated and you will be able to see the progress of the measurement of your breathing rate at the top of the screen of your mobile.
- In a matter of minutes, Google Fit will show you the results of the measurement of your breathing rate.
Last but not least, if the Google Fit app gives you trouble measuring your respiratory rate, we recommend moving to a place with more lighting . It is important that the front camera of your phone covers your face and torso, as well as that the environment where you are is well lit.