Having an hour to go to bed is very important in order to rest properly, something that Samsung seems to know well. The company’s mobiles have a function called “Bedtime” that will help you sleep better and be much more productive.
Do you want to know more about this feature? Then stick around, because we’re going to teach you all about Samsung’s “Bedtime” option and how to set it up on your phone.
What is the “Bedtime” option on Samsung mobiles and what is it for
When you go to sleep, you probably set the alarm on your Samsung in the most common way: open the clock app, set a time to wake up, activate the alarm and that’s it. However, the alarm on your Samsung mobile hides several very useful features.
Among them is the “Bedtime” option, a functionality very similar to Android’s rest mode, which is part of the Digital Wellbeing app. What does he do? As indicated by the same application, it allows you to keep track of your sleep to improve its quality . How? Making you keep the same times of going to bed and waking up every day.
Sounds like a cool feature, right? We are already going to explain how to configure “Bedtime” on your Samsung, but first let’s talk about other things that this option allows you to do:
- You can set reminders for what time you should go to sleep.
- It allows you to configure the screen of your mobile so that it is seen in grayscale only.
- You will be able to silence the calls and notifications of your mobile while you sleep.
- Allows you to set individual wake-up times for each day of the week.
- You will be able to choose which days of the week “Bedtime” will be activated.
All this in a fully automated way, because “Bedtime” will apply the settings when it starts. In addition, this feature allows you to set your Samsung SmartThings compatible devices to wake up when you wake up. For example, you can automatically turn on the coffee maker, turn on the lights in your room and more.
How to set “Bedtime” on Samsung mobiles
“Bedtime” is available on all Samsung mobiles with One UI 3.0 or higher that have the clock application properly updated. To configure and activate “Bedtime” on your mobile you just have to do the following:
- Open the clock app on your Samsung.
- Go to the alarms section .
- Click on the button with the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter “Set Bedtime” .
- Your mobile will welcome you to this functionality, press “Next” .
- Activate “Bedtime” mode .
- Set times for going to sleep and waking up every day.
- Edit any additional settings you want.
- Click “Save” to finish the configuration.
If you did everything right, then you will see a special type of alarm appear within the clock app on your Samsung. This means that the “Bedtime” option is already set and you only have to turn it on or off when you want.
It’s really simple, right? Now mix this functionality of your Samsung with any of these applications to improve your productivity and you will be unstoppable in your day to day life.