The new Samsung Galaxy S22 has been on the market for a few months now and is not without problems. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered by bringing you a list of the most common problems that you can fix yourself by following a few simple steps.
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy S22 wireless charging?
- Galaxy S22 line camera issues
- How to fix intermittent internet connection on a Samsung Galaxy S22?
- Samsung Galaxy S22 fingerprint recognition does not work
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Bluetooth does not pair with other devices
- App notifications not showing
- Samsung Galaxy S22 apps freeze
- Guides to fix the Samsung Galaxy S22
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S22 wireless charging?
One of the most frequent problems among users of the Galaxy S22 series is that the wireless charging is slower than expected or fails completely.
Also, these problems can be due to multiple causes, such as the state of your phone’s battery. But among the most common is the use of inappropriate devices , we explain more below.
Solutions you can try
- Use a new generation wireless charging pad , either original or from a certified third party.
- If you use third-party cables, check if it is certified by Samsung. In case it is not, try to replace it with an original cable .
Galaxy S22 line camera issues
Whether you have a Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, or the S22 Ultra, you’ll always have a great camera . And it is that it offers a quality that is difficult to beat and that you can even get much more out of with certain apps.
But apart from all this, it is possible that when you open the camera settings it closes or gives you an error message . We leave you some solutions.
Clear the data and cache of the Camera app
- Open Settings .
- From there go to Applications .
- Select the Camera app.
- Then tap on Storage .
- Finish by selecting Clear cache and Clear data .
Change the Camera app settings
- Start by opening Settings .
- There select Developer Options .
- Tap where it says Don’t keep activities .
- Finish by disabling the app settings.
How to fix intermittent internet connection on a Samsung Galaxy S22?
Sometimes, when connecting your Samsung Galaxy S22 to a WiFi network, a message will appear that says “ Connected but no Internet access ”. Although this is an error that can be due to multiple causes, you can solve the most important ones with the following solutions.
Ways to fix internet connection
- The first thing is to check the status of your Internet connection , also check that the firmware of your router is up to date.
- If the above doesn’t work, continue with the trusty trick of turning off the router for a few seconds . Do the same from your phone by turning off Wi-Fi or going into airplane mode.
- You can also try resetting the network connection . To do this go to “Settings” and then to “General Administration”. Tap where it says “Reset network settings.”
- One last trick you can implement is to disable fast roaming on your router or even reset it to its factory settings.
Samsung Galaxy S22 fingerprint recognition does not work
One of the security methods of the Samsung Galaxy S22 is the fingerprint unlock , and, despite being a very useful tool, it fails for various reasons that you can solve yourself.
Solutions to fix fingerprint recognition
- First try increasing touch sensitivity , to do so go to “Settings” and then to “Display”. In the new menu, activate the “Touch sensitivity” option by pressing on the slider bar. Finally, delete the fingerprints you have registered and add them again.
- If the above fails and your mobile phone has a screen protector, check the fingerprint recognition without that protector . If it works now, the best thing you can do is replace that protector with another that is compatible.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Bluetooth does not pair with other devices
Problems related to Bluetooth pairing become really annoying. Fortunately, fixing most of these issues on a Samsung Galaxy S22 is easier than you might think.
Some solutions for Bluetooth problems
- Make sure you have done Bluetooth pairing successfully . Please note that some devices (for example some high-end headphones) require you to download the manufacturer’s app.
- Look at the Bluetooth visibility of your mobile phone. Check in this way that it is in visible mode .
- Try a matchmaking in the best possible environment . Avoid having the mobile very far from the device with which you are going to pair it (also take it out of its case if you have it covered with one).
- Update the system if that option is available.
App notifications not showing
A common issue among Samsung users is that certain apps don’t load notifications until the app is opened. Luckily, we leave you with a simple solution.
How to fix app notifications not loading
- Automatic battery optimization is the main culprit for notification delays .
- To fix it , go to “Settings” and select on “Applications”.
- Then press the button with three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. A bar will be displayed, in it select where it says ” Special access “.
- Now hit the “ Optimize battery usage ” option.
- A new menu will open with the list of applications that receive notifications, look for the app that has problems and press on the slider bar if it is unchecked.
Samsung Galaxy S22 apps freeze
If your smartphone is facing apps that freeze, even restarting or closing by themselves , try the following solutions.
Solutions for apps that freeze
- First try clearing the cache of the app that freezes. To do this, go to “Settings” and then to “Applications”. In that menu, search for and select the app, then click on “Clear cache”.
- If the above does not work, try now by uninstalling and reinstalling the app that fails . If it is still freezing, there may be another app that is causing problems, to find out which one you will have to open each app one by one in safe mode (we will explain what it is below).
Guides to fix the Samsung Galaxy S22
If your mobile fails due to an app that generates problems or due to other software errors on your Samsung Galaxy S22 , you have several options that are often part of the solution.
For example, booting in safe mode prevents third-party apps from launching during power on . You can also try factory reset or wipe cache partition. We show you how to do all this through the Android Recovery menu.
Step by step to perform safe mode boot on Galaxy S22
- First turn off your mobile phone.
- Then turn on the phone without releasing the power button until the Samsung signal appears.
- When the above happens, release the power button and quickly press the volume down button (you will have to keep it pressed until the phone finishes booting).
- If you did the boot up successfully, a message saying “ Safe Mode ” will appear in the bottom left corner of the main screen.
How to do factory reset on Galaxy S22?
- Start by turning off your smartphone.
- Now turn on the mobile while pressing the power button and the volume up button at the same time, release them when the Android logo appears.
- After this a menu will appear, use the volume up and down buttons to go to the “ Wipe data/factory reset ” option, press the power button to select it.
- Follow the same process in the next menu, this time pressing where it says “ Factory data reset ”. After this the system will start doing the factory reset, which will last a few seconds.
- Once finished you will return to the initial menu, finish the reset by selecting the option that says “ Reboot system now ”.
Learn how to wipe cache partition
- As in the previous guides, start by turning off your mobile phone.
- Continue pressing the power button and the volume up button at the same time. Release both as soon as the Samsung symbol appears.
- When the Android Recovery menu is displayed, scroll using the volume up and down buttons to the option that says “ Wipe cache partition ”, press the power button to select it.
- In the next menu select the “ Yes ” option, after this the system will reset for a few seconds and you will return to the main menu.
- Finish by selecting the option “ Reboot system now ” to restart your mobile.
Coming to the end of this tutorial to fix common problems with your Samsung Galaxy S22, let us know… have our solutions helped you? Do you have any other problem with your smartphone?