You probably love creating and playing Instagram Stories frequently. It seems incredible, but they never end! This feature has become popular among users of the platform, which serves not only to hang out looking at your friends’ posts, but also works for news broadcasting, brand advertising, and even buying and selling products. .
The thing with Instagram stories is that they last only 24 hours, do you know why? The objective is to keep this additional service of the platform updated. In addition, the videos to be published have limited seconds . Would you like to record longer Instagram Stories? Then don’t stop reading.
How to lengthen Instagram stories
As we have already mentioned, Instagram stories have a time restriction of 15 seconds per video , but there are two easy ways to make such posts much longer.
The first option, and the most immediate, is to record videos of up to 60 seconds that Instagram will divide into 4 parts of 15 seconds. Second, you can choose to cut the video in an external application and then upload it from your mobile gallery, in this case, the publication could last up to 2.5 minutes , since, under this method, the platform allows you to upload ten videos 15 seconds in one go.
Extend Instagram Stories
Publishing a longer video in your stories requires following a few steps , it will only take you a few seconds if you put it into practice directly from the application. Ready to find out how to do it? All right, here we go.
- Login to your Instagram account.
- Swipe right on your main Instagram page or tap the icon, located at the top right of the screen, to create a new post .
- Look for the Story option and get ready to start recording.
- Press and hold the larger button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the recording starts, keep pressing the shutter button so Instagram can segment the stories automatically.
- Edit the video by adding the effects, text, stickers and gifs you want.
- Click Next .
- Share your post.
After following these steps your stories will be published one after the other automatically. Be careful, even if they are 4 separate stories , your followers will be able to see them as one.
How to create longer Instagram stories from an external app
You already know that the maximum time you can use to post a video on Instagram stories, from the platform, is 60 seconds. However, if you use your smartphone’s recorder and edit the material from a third-party application, you can extend the time of your publication much more.
If you decide to opt for this alternative, it is extremely important that you pay attention to the time of the video , since it should not exceed 2.5 minutes or 150 seconds. When you send a material from outside the platform, Instagram will allow you to upload 10 videos of 15 seconds at the same time. Now yes! This is the time a video has to be included in your Instagram stories.
Ready to start editing? Get started as soon as possible!
The first step that you must put into practice is to download the application :
- Enter the Google Play Store platform from your mobile.
- Access the Search Engine .
- Enter the name Video Splitter for WhatsApp Status, Instagram .
- Press Download .
- Open the application , once downloaded.
Edit videos for Instagram stories from an external app
Once you have downloaded the application it is time to divide your video of 2.5 minutes or less. To start the edition you must have the prerecorded material in the gallery of your mobile.
- Access the video editor .
- Look for the Split Video option, which will appear on the main page of the app.
- Select the video you want to edit.
- Move the slider up to 15 seconds.
- Click on the Custom Split option, located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the split is set up, tap the check mark icon in the upper right of the screen.
- Once the video is trimmed, go to Instagram .
- Press the New publication option.
- Tap Gallery tab and find the file to share.
- Choose all the 15 second split videos you want to upload. Remember that you will not be able to select more than 10.
- If you want, you can edit the stories by adding text, effects, stickers, and gifs.
- Hit the Next button.
- Press Share to have your 10 videos uploaded simultaneously.
It is not necessary that you use the application that we have given as an example for this tutorial, you can edit your videos from the app you want and it is more comfortable for you. You will only have to execute the steps of the editor of your choice and then publish your Instagram story, following the steps that have been explained a little above.
What are you waiting for to publish longer Instagram stories? Put these steps into practice as soon as possible!