While it may not seem practical in daily life, the ability to use your iPhone as a mouse or keyboard can be invaluable in emergency situations. Today, we’ll show you how to set it up quickly and easily, ensuring you’re prepared for any scenario.
Using iPhone as a Mouse:
While this feature may not see regular use, it can come in handy for tasks like pausing a video without leaving your bed. We’ll achieve this using a program called Remote Mouse, available for both Android and iOS devices, compatible with Windows and Mac computers.
Steps to Set Up:
- Download Remote Mouse from the App Store if you’re using an iPhone and Mac. For Android or Windows, find it in the Play Store or via its website.
- Install the app on both your iPhone and computer.
- Once installed, you can start using your iPhone as a mouse. Remote Mouse utilizes Bluetooth connection, eliminating the need for both devices to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Benefits of Remote Mouse:
- Cross-platform compatibility allows control of Mac, Windows, or Linux systems.
- Lightweight app (less than 10 MB) ensures hassle-free installation.
- Utilizes Bluetooth for connectivity, ideal for situations where internet access is limited.
- Offers fluid and stable performance, resembling a real mouse.
- Can be used as a slide control in presentations or as a remote control for PCs.
Install Remote Mouse preemptively on your devices, as it may be challenging to download in the event of a peripheral failure. Being prepared ensures quick access to this emergency solution when needed.
Share Your Tips:
Have you used Remote Mouse or know of other effective ways to use your mobile phone as a PC peripheral? Share your insights in the comments below, helping others discover useful solutions and tricks.