Don’t you want your group or channel participants to be able to take screenshots or forward messages? You do not have to ask them strongly, because the official Telegram app gives you the possibility to protect the content without too many complications.
Thanks to a series of updates received by the Telegram application for Android and iOS, any administrator of a group or channel can protect the content that is shared within it . Of course, you must have the updated app to access this new function.
So you can protect the content of your Telegram group
As we mentioned above, you must update the application manually in order to access the section that will allow you to protect the content of your group or Telegram channel.
If you have already updated it, you must follow all the steps that we show you below :
- First you have to open the Telegram app from your mobile device.
- Once inside the messaging app, you must click on the group you manage .
- Therefore, you will have to click on the name of the group (at the top of the screen).
- Tap on the small pencil that is located at the top right of the screen.
- Enter the section that says “Group type”.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the button next to “Restrict saving content .”
- Finally, click on the white check mark that is on the top right of the screen (to save the changes you have made).
What is the purpose of protecting the content of a Telegram group or channel?
Protecting the content of a Telegram channel or group by activating the “Restrict saving content” option will prevent members from performing the following actions:
- No member will be able to forward the messages that are published in the group or channel.
- The ability to save multimedia content will be limited (photos, videos and documents cannot be stored on the device).
- No one will be able to take screenshots .
With nothing more to add about it, we recommend that you take a look at the note where we show you which are the best Telegram channels, don’t miss it!