Whatever the problem you have on Instagram, here we will help you solve it by explaining how to contact the application directly. Keep in mind that Instagram has more than 1 billion active users per month and they surely receive millions of complaints and inquiries per day that their human team cannot attend to. That is the reason why they do not respond quickly and often do not even respond.
In fact, the majority of queries on Instagram are served by algorithms and functions that try to solve users’ concerns with predefined actions . The probabilities that your problem will be solved by one of these functions depend on whether you have chosen the correct way to make the claim.
And it is not the same to contact Instagram to recover a stolen or hacked account than to report insults or harassment. Depending on the type of problem you have, you will have to resort to one contact channel or another to get Instagram to listen to you . In the following lines, we will show you all the possible ways to contact Instagram so that you can solve your problems in the best way.
- All the ways to contact Instagram
- Contact Instagram to solve a problem with the application
- Contact Instagram to suggest improvements and new features to Instagram
- Contact Instagram to report spam or inappropriate content
- Contact Instagram to appeal a violation to your account that you consider unfair
- Contact Instagram to claim a blocked or deactivated account
- Contact Instagram to report someone who is posing as you or someone you know
- Contact Instagram to recover a hacked or stolen account
- Contact Instagram to report someone convicted of a sex crime on Instagram
- Contact Instagram to manage the account of a deceased person
- More ways of contact to solve any problem on Instagram
All the ways to contact Instagram
Instagram has an email and a phone number to contact them: email@example.com and +1 650 543 480 0 . However, it is practically impossible for them to respond to you in these ways that the Instagram customer service team only uses in very special cases.
Instead, Instagram offers a robust, multi-featured help center to answer most questions and make it easy to report problems with the content you see on the social network. These functions are available for the iPhone and Android applications, as well as through the desktop website. Let’s see what they are and what problems they help solve.
Contact Instagram to solve a problem with the application
In case the Instagram app or one of its functions is not working well on your device, here is an article to solve the main problems of Instagram. However, if your problem is very particular and you think that only Instagram will be able to solve it, contact them in this way:
- Enter the Instagram app .
- Go to your profile and tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings and then Help .
- Select Report a problem . A small floating box will open where you must click on Report a problem again.
- There, explain in detail what is the problem you have . So that they can help you better, tell them the model of mobile or tablet you are using and attach a screenshot of what is malfunctioning.
- When you’re done, hit the Submit button at the top.
We also recommend that you visit the Instagram Help page for common and known problems with the app. Perhaps the problem is not so serious and you can fix it yourself.
Contact Instagram to suggest improvements and new features to Instagram
Do you think there is a function that needs to be corrected or improved and you want to let the company know? You can do it from the application. You have to go to Settings> Help> Report a problem (as we explained in the previous section) and select Send comments . So you can also suggest new features or changes.
Obviously, Instagram will do nothing if only you ask. However, if they receive suggestions from many users referring to the same as you , they may take it into account for future updates.
Contact Instagram to report spam or inappropriate content
If you need to report an account or publication for spam, incite hatred, nudity, harassment, bullying , fraud, false information , sale of illegal things, infringement of intellectual property or for anything else that goes against the rules of Instagram , you can do it from your mobile like this:
- Enter the Instagram app.
- Go to the publication or account that you want to report and press the three dots in the upper right corner.
- In case of a comment, you must press and hold it and then touch the icon that will appear in the upper right corner.
- Select Report .
- Now, choose why you want to make the report: It is spam or It is inappropriate .
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to provide more information if necessary and you’re done.
Now, if you want to know what your report has been , if Instagram solved it or not and what actions it took, do the following:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon in the lower right corner.
- Then, press the three stripes in the upper right corner and select Settings .
- Go to Help .
- Finally, go to Help Requests> Reports . There you will see all the complaints you have made and if Instagram reviewed them or not.
- If there is a report in which Instagram did not agree with you, you can click it and touch the More options button to Request a review .
Remember that the more data and evidence you provide , the more likely it is that Instagram will agree with you. In addition, we recommend that you read the Instagram Community Rules to see if the claim you are making really makes sense.
Contact Instagram to appeal a violation to your account that you consider unfair
If Instagram has deleted a post for you and you consider that there was no reason to do so , you can appeal the violation in this way:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Touch the three stripes at the top to enter Settings .
- Select Help and then Help Requests .
- Click on Infractions .
- There, you can see the alleged infractions you have committed and appeal them by requesting a review .
That way, letting Instagram know that you have not done anything against the rules, it is possible that your publication will return . In addition, you will eliminate the violation assigned to your account. Remember that if you accumulate many infractions, Instagram can suspend your account.
Contact Instagram to claim a blocked or deactivated account
Now, if you have been taken by surprise that Instagram has suspended, banned or deactivated your account without you having done anything against the rules, you can also request a review. It is possible that Instagram has made a mistake and to ask to correct it you must do this:
- Click the following link to fill out the claim form for deactivated Instagram accounts .
- Now, you must answer each of the questions in the form and provide some information that Instagram needs to know, such as your full name, Instagram username, email, country of residence , etc.
- Once you fill out the form, if it is a company or business account, they will additionally ask you for a document that verifies that you are the owner of it, such as an invoice, a tax return , etc.
- Finally, click on Send and wait …
Instagram takes 3-7 days to respond to these types of requests. Also, you may be asked for an email verification to make sure you are not being hacked.
Contact Instagram to report someone who is posing as you or someone you know
You can report an identity theft on Instagram, from the application itself, in this way:
- Go to the profile of the account that is posing as someone.
- Touch the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Report and then Is Inappropriate .
- Choose Report account and then click on Posing as someone else .
- Answer the questions they will ask you and you’re done.
According to Instagram, faced with this type of problem, they only respond to requests sent by people whose identity has been spoofed . If you are not directly the affected person, then better tell the person they are posing as (or their legal representative) to make the report.
In case you do not have an Instagram account or you cannot access your mobile to make the report , you can also click the following link to fill out the report form for an account for impersonation on Instagram . You will do exactly the same as we explained before, but from a web page.
Contact Instagram to recover a hacked or stolen account
Has your Instagram account been hacked? Before contacting Instagram, we recommend changing your password and activating two-step verification if you can still access. Otherwise, do the following:
- Go to the Instagram login screen and tap on Get help .
- Then, enter the username, email address or phone number associated with your stolen account and click Next .
- If you don’t know your account details, click on Need more help? .
- Follow the instructions shown until you get to the part where you must choose your email or phone number to which you have access and then click on Send access link .
- Use the link received by email or SMS to regain access to your account.
If this doesn’t work, then try again, but now requesting a security code . In this way, Instagram will contact you by email to verify your identity with a photo and other information that you must provide them. For more information about this process, go to the Instagram Help page for hacked accounts .
Contact Instagram to report someone convicted of a sex crime on Instagram
One of the rules of Instagram establishes that people convicted of sexual crimes cannot have an account on this social network . If you know of a sex offender who is using Instagram, you can report it like this:
- Click on the following link to fill out the report form for sex offenders on Instagram .
- In order to process your complaint, Instagram will require you to attach one of these documents : link to a list from a national sex offender registry, link to an article in a digital newspaper, or link to a court document.
If you provide sufficient data and evidence, Instagram will deactivate the account immediately.
Contact Instagram to manage the account of a deceased person
What happens to the accounts of deceased persons? Instagram allows you to do two things: make it commemorative or delete it . Of course, only the direct relatives of the deceased can request the removal. How? Here below we leave you the links to request the removal or conversion to commemorative of an Instagram account:
- Form to request the deletion of a deceased person’s account .
- Form to commemorate an Instagram account .
And if Instagram made your account commemorative by mistake, click this link to ask for it to be fixed.
More ways of contact to solve any problem on Instagram
If you want Instagram to help you and answer other questions, touch the following link to enter the Instagram Help Center . There, you will find answers for practically any problem you have with the social network . Just write your question in the box “How can we help you?” and you will get multiple answers.
Alternatively, you can go to the Instagram profile on other social networks to have your questions answered. Here are the links to the Instagram profiles on other social networks where you can send them a direct message or mention them:
By these means they also take time to respond (up to a couple of days) and they usually do so with generic messages. However, they also inform about new features and report issues that are affecting all users, so they can be useful to you.
Anyway, we hope that this article has helped you to contact Instagram and solve your problem . Any other questions you have about it, send it to us to help you.